The Most Delicate Olive Oil Dish: Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
- 12 zucchini flowers
- 1 medium sized onion
- 5 tablespoons of Niz Olive Olive Oil
- 1.5 cups of rice (soaked in hot water, drained)
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of currants
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper
- Half a teaspoon of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Half a handful of dill
- 1 glass of hot water (for rice)
- 1 glass of hot water (for cooking the stuffed vegetables)
- First, add half of the olive oil, then the onions, into the pan and continue roasting over medium heat until the onions caramelize.
- Afterwards you can add the rice.
- After roasting the rice for a while, you can add spices, currants and pine nuts.
- At the point when the rice starts to become transparent, add the dill and mix.
- Then, add hot water to the pan, reduce the heat and leave it to cook with the lid of the pan closed until the rice absorbs the water.
- While the stuffing is cooking, remove the zucchini flowers.
- After your stuffing is cooked, let it cool for a while. Then you can fill your zucchini flowers.
- At the last stage, place the stuffed vegetables into the pot as tightly as possible and without falling apart. Add hot water and place a plate on top of the pot to weigh it down and prevent it from falling apart.
- Close the lid of your pot and let it cook on low heat.
- Your stuffed zucchini flowers are ready. After letting them rest for a while, you can start the service. Enjoy your meal :)