Out of the Ordinary: Stuffed Artichokes with Avocado
When talking about dishes with olive oil, artichoke is one of the first vegetables that comes to mind. With its ability to be prepared in different ways and its unique taste, artichoke is a vegetable that frequently adorns our tables. As NizOlive, today we will introduce you to a slightly unusual recipe in our kitchen: Stuffed Artichokes with Avocado. Let's take a look at how to make this interesting and delicious recipe.
- 2 artichokes
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sugar cube
- 1 tablespoon of curd cheese
- 1/4 zucchini
- 1/4 carrot
- 2 tablespoons Nizolive cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Clean the artichokes. Arrange the cleaned artichokes in the pot.
- Mix sugar, salt, juice of half a lemon, olive oil and water in a separate bowl. Pour it over your artichokes. Start cooking on low heat so that it does not fall apart.
- While the artichokes are cooking, start preparing the filling ingredients. Peel the onion and chop it large. Add olive oil to the pan and fry the onions.
- Meanwhile, check the artichokes you leave to cook frequently. Pour the water over it with the help of a spoon. Remove the roasted onions from the stove and distribute them equally among the two artichokes. Cook in this way for another 2 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Remove the avocados with a spoon, place them in a bowl, and mash them with a fork.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into it. Grate 1 clove of garlic and mix with a little salt.
- Peel the carrot and zucchini. Obtain thin strips using a peeler and mix with raw avocado.
- Add avocado mixture on top of your cooked artichokes, sprinkle with curd cheese and let it rest for at least 2-3 hours before serving.